|Title:||Route Assistant / Driver Helper - Stone Mountain|
Contributes to the delivery team objectives by assisting in the proper and efficient merchandising, servicing, and developing of assigned accounts and assisting in the completion of other related duties.
• Call accounts with the Driver Salesman as scheduled.
• Create, develop, and maintain goodwill in every account.
• Manage, rotate, and maintain a neat backroom/cooler area.
• Clean shelving, rotates products
• Display all products by brand, utilizing available point of sale to stimulate sales.
• Assist in the building, merchandising, and maintaining all displays.
• Assist in the merchandising and stocking of all coolers.
• Learn and follow code dates procedures and guidelines.
• Ability to maintain a professional manner, exhibiting a friendly business-like demeanor at all times, while making sound judgements and decisions during servicing of accounts.
• Work with Driver Salesman or Extra Driver Salesman to insure safe working environment. Help secure any equipment and tools. Maintain securities of route truck, cab, making sure bay doors or lift gates are locked.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND REQUIREMENTS
• Lifting over 70 lbs. With continuous extensive lifting.
• Handling of hand truck or pushing / pulling loaded carts approximately 200 lbs. Plus
• Reaching, pulling, twisting, bending, stopping, and handling of beer cases/kegs unloading truck and placing in stores in required.
• Extensive walking is involved.
• Ability to maneuver around a large truck (Climbing in and out of cab, raising and lowering side doors (bay) or lift gates, etc.)
• Ability to read, understands, and write the English language. Be able to speak and understand English, including the ability to hear the spoken word.
• Be able to perform arithmetical calculations in order to read and figure code dates, product count prior to departing the warehouse and upon delivery to the customer.
• Have sufficient visual ability to check code dates, count product and assist the driver in maneuvering the vehicle. Clarity of vision is necessary.